To foster and engage in interdisciplinary, cutting edge geospatial environmental analysis, 3D visualization, data sharing, and collaboration not possible through independent research labs on campus.
The Spatial Analysis Center (SAC) is available to students, faculty, and research staff throughout Stanford University to conduct research or educational activities involving spatial data and analysis. The lab facility is available on a drop-in basis with no appointment necessary. For a tour/introduction to the facility, or to answer questions, contact the SAC manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are located on the third floor of the Jerry Yang and Akiko Yamazaki Environment and Energy Building (Y2E2), room 368. See the map below.
Standing office hours are Tuesday and Thursday from 1pm - 3pm. Come by with questions then or make an appointment for any other time.
- Hours: 9am - 5pm Monday through Friday. Contact the SAC manager for after hours key card access.
- Join the SAC email list for updates on events, oportunities, and scheduled maintenance.
- Do not lock computers. If you wish to run processes that will take significant time to complete, contact the SAC manager to identify and reserve the workstation. Unreserved workstations may be restarted at any time to accommodate other users.
- Space on the hard drives is limited so avoid storing large data volumes locally. Files stored locally may also be purged so always maintain a backup. Cloud storage on the SAC fileshare server is available upon request.
- Printing is available in color and black and white in the printer room. Computers are already connected to these printers. Please be considerate and not wasteful in your printing.
- Snacks and beverages are allowed as long as workstations are kept clean and trash is thrown out.
- Always leave the facility clean and orderly. Return chairs, clean dry-erase boards, and pick up trash.